The Relationship and Difference Between HDI Circuit Boards and Ordinary PCBs
There is a close relationship between HDI circuit boards and ordinary PCB.
HDI circuit boards are a special type of PCB that are manufactured using High Density Interconnect (HDI) technology.HDI circuit boards have higher line density and smaller apertures, which makes them more suitable for use in electronic products that require higher performance and smaller dimensions.
HDI circuit boards are a subset of PCBs, which belong to the high-end products in the PCB field. In the PCB industry, HDI circuit boards are one of the market segments that have their own unique characteristics in terms of manufacturing technology, materials and design.
There are some differences between HDI circuit boards and PCB. First, HDI circuit boards have higher line density and smaller apertures, which makes them more suitable for use in electronic products that require higher performance and smaller dimensions. Second, HDI circuit boards are more complex to manufacture, requiring higher precision and stricter quality control. Finally, HDI circuit boards are usually more expensive than regular PCBs because of their higher manufacturing process and technical requirements.
The main differences between HDI circuit boards and ordinary PCBs are reflected in the following aspects:
Manufacturing Process: HDI circuit boards use direct laser drilling, while ordinary PCBs usually use mechanical drilling. This difference in manufacturing process leads to the number of layers and aspect ratio of HDI circuit boards tend to be lower.
Aperture and Line: HDI circuit boards contain blind holes and other micro-conductor hole design, its aperture is less than 150um, with higher aperture accuracy. While the aperture of the ordinary PCB is relatively large, the precision requirements are relatively low.
Line Density: HDI circuit board line density is higher, line width and line spacing of the refinement of a higher degree, can provide more fine lines and smaller connectors. While the line density of ordinary PCB is relatively low.
Cost and Production Efficiency: Because the manufacturing process of HDI circuit board is more complex, the cost is relatively high, but the production efficiency is also improving. While the cost of ordinary PCB is relatively low, the production efficiency is also higher.
- How to Manufacture Multilayer PCB High Frequency Boards? What are The Differences in The Process Flow?2023-09-25
- The Role and Performance of High Frequency PCB Circuit Boards2023-10-08
- How do PCB Circuit Board Manufacturers Process PCB Bards?2023-10-14
- PCB Circuit Board Processing Solder Mask, Why is The Iink Color Different?2023-10-14
- What are The Difficulties in Making Multi-layer High Frequency PCB Boards?2023-10-14
- Introduction to PCB Manufacturing Process2023-10-16
- PCB Market Status and High Frequency PCB Circuit Board Description2023-10-16
- How Does a High Frequency PCB Circuit Board Fabrication Shop Charge?2023-11-14
- How much do you know about pcb processing board?2023-11-21
- What is the Process Flow of PCB Pressing Board?2023-12-05