The Difference Between Single-sided Circuit Boards and Precision Multi-layer PCB Circuit Boards
With the development of the electronic industry, the integration of electronic components is becoming higher and smaller, and BGA type packaging is commonly used. Therefore, the PCB circuit will become smaller and have more layers. Reducing line width and spacing is to maximize the use of limited area, while increasing the number of layers is to utilize space. The mainstream of future circuit boards is 2-3 mil or smaller.
A. Single Sided Circuit Board:
It is generally believed that for every increase or upgrade in the production of circuit boards, it is necessary to invest once, and the investment amount is relatively large. In other words, high-end circuit boards are produce by high-end equipment. However, not every enterprise can afford large-scale investment, and conducting experiments to collect process data and trial production after investment requires a lot of time and funds. It seems to be a better method to conduct experiments and trial production based on the existing situation of our company, and then decide whether to invest based on the actual situation and market conditions. This article provides a detailed description of the limit of the width of thin wires that can be produced under normal equipment conditions, as well as the conditions and methods for producing thin wires.
The general production process can be divided into cap hole etching method and graphic electroplating method, each with its advantages and disadvantages. The circuit obtained by acid etching method is very uniform, which is conducive to impedance control and reduces environmental pollution. However, if a hole is broken, it will cause scrapping; Alkali corrosion production control is relatively easy, but the route is uneven and environmental pollution is also significant.
- a, The refinement of precision multi-layer PCB circuit board wires and the miniaturization of through-holes have improved the requirements for the processing equipment and process control level of PCB circuit board processing factories. It is also a test of the overall management ability and personal ability of employees in precision multi-layer PCB circuit board factories. The production capacity of 6/6mil line width/line spacing is not too difficult within the current equipment, materials, and process control level, and most PCB manufacturers can produce it. However, increasing from 6/6mil to 5/5mil is a significant leap, which has left many small and medium-sized manufacturers amazed. It may seem simple, but in fact, it requires circuit board processing manufacturers to have strong technical research and development capabilities and financial strength. Due to the performance parameters of the exposure machine, the processing ability of the etching line, and the control ability of the entire process, it is necessary to achieve a 5/5mil circuit and maintain a high yield rate, which requires the overall strength of the factory to support. Similarly, the same applies to the production of precision multi-layer PCB circuits with finished apertures of 0.3mm and below (holes below 0.3mm cannot be drilled by machine, usually by laser drilling).
- b, Other issues commonly encountered by PCB manufacturers, such as lack of copper in the holes, detachment of green oil, BGA black PAD in the sinking gold plate, and solderability, should be different from each other. However, as a special process product, PCB boards integrate various traditional technologies and means such as machinery, electrical control, automation, chemistry, biology, ERP, cost, management, and environmental protection. It requires managers to exert great wisdom and employees to carry forward great spirit in order to strive to control every detail and maximize their quality control ability and level.
- c, Ensure the effectiveness of process testing. PCB, as the carrier of all electronic components, its reliability is very important. A small strand of hair or dust can lead to the scrapping of the entire PCB board or potential failure hazards. So how is the quality guaranteed? Usually, people believe that quality should be produced, but in fact, it is not. If a PCB factory can adjust and control common quality problems from the perspective of effective quality control from the beginning of design, including factory layout, determination of process flow, selection of production equipment, manpower allocation, effective evaluation of raw materials, determination of management system, etc., and fully consider improving production efficiency, So the quality control and production capacity of this factory in the future will have a good foundation and guarantee. If the design work is done well, which means controlling the source and laying the foundation, will the next work be easier to do? This is the most effective method to control PCB production process and improve quality.
Shenzhen Xinchenger Electronics Co., Ltd. is a professional manufacturer of 2-36 layer high-frequency PCB circuit boards, with over ten years of strong production experience, exquisite craftsmanship, engineering technology, and high-quality services. At the same time, it has advantages such as high quality, low cost, and foreign information technology support. The main product types include high-frequency microwave PCB boards, Rogers high frequency board, Taconic high frequency board, F4B/Teflon high frequency board, microwave RF board, special circuit board, etc.. If you need, please feel free to inquire!
- High Frequency PCB Performance Characteristics and High Frequency PCB Application Industry2023-09-25
- How to Manufacture Multilayer PCB High Frequency Boards? What are The Differences in The Process Flow?2023-09-25
- Market Prospects of High-end PCB (High Frequency Board) Related Fields2023-09-25
- The Application of High Frequency PCB in Medical Equipment2023-09-25
- The Concept of High Frequency PCB and Its Unique Characteristics2023-09-25
- What are The Brands and Characteristics of High Frequency Board?2023-09-25
- What are The Requirements for Industrial Control PCB Circuit Boards and High Frequency PCB Circuit Boards?2023-09-25
- Why is Surface of The PCB Circuit Board for Green Color Mostly?2023-09-25