The Difference Between Copper And Aluminum Substrates in PCBs
There are obvious differences between copper and aluminum substrates in PCBs in several aspects.
First of all, the physical properties of copper and aluminum substrates are different. Copper substrate is mainly made of copper film covered in the substrate, with strong thermal conductivity, good chemical stability, mechanical strength, oxidation resistance and other characteristics. Aluminum substrate is made of aluminum film covered in the substrate, with a moderate weight, poor thermal conductivity, mechanical strength is weak, oxidation resistance is relatively weak and other characteristics.
Secondly, copper and aluminum substrates also have significant differences in thermal conductivity. The thermal conductivity of copper substrate is about 400w/m-K, which is more than 4 times that of aluminum substrate, so it is suitable for electronic products with high heat dissipation requirements, such as LED lights. Aluminum substrate is relatively light, is 1/3 of the copper substrate, so for certain lightweight requirements of high electronic products, such as cell phones, etc., more suitable for aluminum substrate.
In addition, the price of copper and aluminum substrates are also different. Due to the copper substrate material is relatively special, heat dissipation is also relatively good, so the price will be relatively more expensive. The price of aluminum substrate is relatively low, more suitable for high cost requirements of electronic products, such as televisions and so on.
Finally, the application areas of copper and aluminum substrates are also different. Copper substrate because of its excellent thermal conductivity, machinability, dimensional stability and electrical properties, etc., in the hybrid integrated circuits, automotive, office automation, high-power electrical equipment, power supply equipment and other fields are widely used. Aluminum substrates are widely used in LED lights, semiconductor power modules, automotive electronics, solar energy and other fields for their good thermal conductivity, electrical insulation properties, high temperature resistance, corrosion resistance and other characteristics.
PCBin the copper substrate and aluminum substrate in the physical properties, thermal conductivity, price and application areas, there are obvious differences. When choosing to use, you need to choose according to the specific requirements and needs of the product.
The advantages of copper substrates mainly include:
Excellent Thermal Performance: The thermal conductivity of the copper plate is very high, which is more than 2 times that of other similar materials.
High Strength and Rigidity: Copper substrate will not reduce strength due to physical and chemical corrosion, and is not easily deformed.
Good Processing Performance: Copper substrate can be processed through a variety of cutting, stamping and drilling methods to create a variety of complex shapes of heat sinks.
- How to Manufacture Multilayer PCB High Frequency Boards? What are The Differences in The Process Flow?2023-09-25
- The Application of High Frequency PCB in Medical Equipment2023-09-25
- Processing Difficulties and Application Areas of Multilayer High Frequency PCB Production2023-10-08
- PCB Circuit Board Processing Solder Mask, Why is The Iink Color Different?2023-10-14
- PCB Circuit Board Design Process Description2023-10-16
- PCB Market Status and High Frequency PCB Circuit Board Description2023-10-16
- Difference between 24G/77G microwave sheet and ordinary FR4 sheet2023-11-24
- What are the Disadvantages of PCB Surface Treatment Process2023-12-06
- How to Take Charged Measurements in PCB Circuit Board Repair?2023-12-08
- PCB High Frequency Board Board Selection and Production Processing2023-12-15