The Concept of High Frequency PCB and Its Unique Characteristics
High frequency PCB refers to a special type of circuit board with high electromagnetic frequency, used in the fields of high frequency (frequency greater than 300MHz or wavelength less than 1 meter) and microwave (frequency greater than 3GHz or wavelength less than 0.1 meter). It is a circuit board produced on a microwave substrate copper clad board using some processes of ordinary rigid circuit board manufacturing methods or special processing methods.
A. What are The Materials Used for Making High Frequency PCB?
The performance of high frequency boards in wireless or other high-frequency environments depends on building materials. For many applications, the use of laminated FR4 materials can improve dielectric properties. When manufacturing high-frequency PCB, commonly used boards include Rogers, Taconic, Isola, F4B (Teflon), TP-2, FR4, Panasonic, and Taiyao.
B. The DF Level of General Materials Directly Determines The Performance of PCB:
- a, DK (dielectric constant of DK material, indicating its ability to store charges) should be small and stable enough, usually as small as possible, as high DK may cause signal transmission delay.
- b, DF (DF is the loss angle of the material, and when signals are transmitted in the material, they do not completely propagate forward along the signal path, and some of them flow through the material into nearby conductors.) should be very small, which mainly affects the quality of signal transmission. A smaller DF can correspondingly reduce signal loss.
- c, The coefficient of thermal expansion should be as same as copper foil as much as possible, as the difference can cause the copper foil to separate during cold and hot changes.d, In humid environments, water absorption must be low, while high water absorption can affect DK and DF.
- e, Heat resistance, chemical resistance, impact resistance, and peel resistance must be good.
The thermal expansion coefficient of high-frequency circuit boards needs to be as same as copper foil as much as possible, as high-frequency circuit boards may cause copper foil separation under alternating cold and hot conditions. To ensure the perfect performance of high-frequency circuit boards, it is necessary to be as same as copper foil as much as possible. High frequency PCB have the characteristics of heat resistance, chemical corrosion resistance, impact resistance, and good peel resistance.
C. What are The Advantages of High Frequency PCB Being So Popular?
- a, High Efficiency
- b, Fast Working Speed
- c, Adaptability
- d, Strong Tolerance and Ability to Withstand Interference
Generally speaking, the consumption loss of high-frequency circuit boards is attributed to their small dielectric constant, which comes from the performance of the materials they use, so their consumption is naturally smaller than other circuit boards. Under such excellent congenital conditions, the induction heating technology at the forefront of technological development can also meet the demand for target heating, making the efficiency of high-frequency circuit boards very high. Of course, while pursuing efficiency, environmental protection cannot be abandoned.
As is well known, the transmission speed is directly proportional to the dielectric constant. In terms of electrical principles, the transmission speed is inversely proportional to the square root of the dielectric constant, that is, the larger the dielectric constant, the slower the transmission speed; The smaller the dielectric constant, the faster the transmission speed. This is also one of the reasons why PCB high-frequency boards are popular among people. It uses special materials to ensure the characteristics of small dielectric constant, while also ensuring transmission speed and relatively stable operation of the circuit board.
It is widely used in high-frequency circuit boards in various industries that require heating treatment of precision metal materials. In its technical field, it can not only achieve heating of components at different depths, but also focus heating on local characteristics. Whether it is surface or depth, centralized or dispersed heating methods can be easily completed.
The environment affects the composition of the medium, so high-frequency circuit boards still have some environmental requirements, especially in the south where the weather is more humid. High frequency circuit boards can adapt well to such environments. High frequency circuit boards made of materials with extremely low water absorption can challenge such environments. At the same time, it is best to make the PCB circuit board have the advantage of chemical corrosion resistance, so that it can withstand humidity and high temperature in humid environments, and have great peel strength.
Shenzhen Xinchenger Electronics Co., Ltd. is a strong manufacturer mainly engaged in fast sampling and small to medium-sized batch production of 2-36 layer high frequency microwave RF induction printed circuit boards. Professional production of high frequency, high-precision, high-density environmentally friendly PCB circuit boards. The main products include: Rogers high frequency board, Taconic high frequency board, F4B/Teflon high frequency board, microwave RF board, special circuit board, etc..
We have rich production experience in high frequency circuit boards used in industries such as data communication,wireless communication base stations, radar systems, automotive, medical, and military industries.
- High Frequency PCB Performance Characteristics and High Frequency PCB Application Industry2023-09-25
- How to Manufacture Multilayer PCB High Frequency Boards? What are The Differences in The Process Flow?2023-09-25
- Market Prospects of High-end PCB (High Frequency Board) Related Fields2023-09-25
- The Application of High Frequency PCB in Medical Equipment2023-09-25