Principles and Uses of Multilayer PCB Boards
A. The Principle of Multilayer PCB Board :
The biggest difference between PCB multilayer boards and single and double sided boards is the addition of internal power and ground layers. Power and ground networks are routed primarily on the power layer. each substrate layer on a PCB multilayer board has conductive metal on both sides, and special adhesives are used to connect the boards together, and purpose the presence of insulating material between each board. However, PCB multilayer wiring is primarily based on the top and bottom layers, supplemented by intermediate wiring layers.
Therefore, the design of multilayer PCB boards is essentially the same as that of double-sided boards. The key is how to optimize the wiring of the internal electrical layers in order to make the circuit board wiring more reasonable. The inevitable product of multifunctional development, large capacity and small size.
PCB is a circuit board manufactured in a similar way to printing, so common PCB are several layers bonded together, each with a resin insulating substrate and a metal circuit layer. The most basic PCB is divided into four layers, the top and bottom layers of circuitry are functional circuits, arranging the most important circuits and components, while the middle two layers of circuitry are the ground and power layers. The advantage of this is to be able to make corrections to the signal lines, but also better shielding against interference.
Generally speaking, 4 layers can already meet the normal operation of the PCB, then the so-called 6 layers, 8 layers, 10 layers, in fact, is to add more layers of circuitry to enhance the electrical capacity of the PCB, that is, the pressure capacity. So, the increase in PCB layers means that more circuits can be designed inside.
For memory, when do you need to increase the number of PCB layers? According to the above, it is obvious that it is when the electrical overpowering of the PCB is too high. So when is the voltage and current of a memory PCB strongest? Gamers who have played with overclocking will know that memory has to be pressurized to increase its operating frequency if it is to get better performance. Therefore, it is not difficult to conclude that the memory can be used at high frequency or overclocking.
B. The Advantages of Multi-layer PCB Boards:
Multilayer boards are smaller and lighter, which makes them ideal for smartphones or computers, or other products that require a versatile package. There are also some special benefits:
- 1, Multilayer PCB allow products to gain more functionality.
- 2, High assembly density means that the product can extend the life of the board.
- 3, When the product does not need to be used for a number of independent PCB connectors, the structure will be simpler.
- 4, in the manufacturing phase of the rigorous testing process Q means that you will get high-quality, efficient products.
- 5、 The electrical characteristics of multilayer PCB are faster than those of single-layer boards.
Depending on the number of layers chosen to be added, multilayer PCB are generally well suited to both rigid and flexible structures.
Currently, high-end memory frequencies generally start at 3600MHz, in order to ensure safety and electrical stability, 8-layer PCB is basically the standard, and some will even reach 10 layers. In the same version of the PCB, the performance difference between 8-layer and 10-layer PCB is negligible for everyday users, but for professional overclocking players, the latter allows them to achieve higher frequencies.
C. The Use of Multi-layer PCB Boards:
Many industries and products can use and benefit from multi-layer PCB, especially because of their durability, functionality and lightweight. Here are some of the products that often use these boards:
GPS and satellite systems
We are a professional 2-36 layers of high frequency PCB circuit board manufacturers, can be expedited production of PCB boards, high frequency boards, special circuit boards, microwave RF boards, antenna boards and other products, the company is always on hand: Rogers, TACONIC, F4B, TP-2, FR-4 and other high frequency boards, The dielectric constant is 2.2-10.6. Please contact us if you have any demand.
- How to Manufacture Multilayer PCB High Frequency Boards? What are The Differences in The Process Flow?2023-09-25
- The Application of High Frequency PCB in Medical Equipment2023-09-25
- The Role and Performance of High Frequency PCB Circuit Boards2023-10-08
- PCB Printing Process of Several Special Surface Treatment Instructions2023-10-11
- Application of High Frequency PCB and Manufacturing of High Frequency PCB2023-10-12
- Commonly Used Copper Clad Laminate Sheets for High Frequency RF Microwave PCB Board Manufacturers2023-10-12
- What to Pay Attention to The Design of High-density High Frequency PCB?2023-10-13
- Microwave Antenna PCB Process Design Requirements2023-10-14
- PCB Circuit Board Processing Solder Mask, Why is The Iink Color Different?2023-10-14
- What are The Difficulties in The Production of Multi-layer High Frequency PCB Boards?2023-10-14